Beginning the 1st of September the Kenyan government will stop issuing current generation passports.The Old passports will be replaced with Electronic/ Bio metric passports.
Features of the New Kenyan E-Passport.
- The E-Passport will be a light blue booklet with an embedded Chip
- It will have a Bio metric symbol at the bottom ( Small Logo which is used Internationally to show that it’s bio metric )
- Has a Chip which holds the same info that is printed on the Passport data Page.
Watch Showmax For Free: Showmax.com/free
How to get the New Kenyan E-Passport.
- Apply through e-citizen.co.ke
- After Applying go to the Immigration Office in person.While at the Immigration office your bio metrics will be taken i.e Fingerprints , Photo and Signature.
- Processing of the E-Passport will take 10 Days
N/B: The Old Dark blue passports will be valid till 1st September 2019.So Kenyans who have the old passports can use them for the next 2 yrs then they’ll be required to replace them with the new Kenyan e-passports.
Requirements when going to the Immigration Office.
When you’ve already done the e-citizen aapplication process you’ll be required to go tot the Immigration office with the following.
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy
How Much the New Kenya E-Passports Cost.
The E-Passports are of 2 types
- 32 Page E-Passport costs 4,500 Ksh.
- 48 page E -Passport costs 6050 Ksh.