Since the SGR Train Launched Customers have been complaining of long ques made when purchasing tickets.This caught the attention of the SGR Train Management and they’ve been working to introduce simpler ways for passagers to book the train.
The most effective way of Booking the trains would be to introduce an online platform for Booking the Madaraka Express but unfortunately they haven’t launched online Booking.What they’ve done is to introduce Booking of train Tickets via Phone.
SEE ALSO:Subscribe to Showmax and get your free trial: Showmax.com
How to Book Your Madaraka Express Ticket via Phone.
- Call 0709388888 between (7-4pm) and provide the following details
1.Date of travel
2.The preffered Class
4.Your Mobile number
- The railway cashier will then enter your itinerary,customer mobile number and generate amount to be paid by the customer. i.e (If you requested for 1st Class the cashier will indicate 3000ksh and for economy the cashier will indicate 700ksh)
- The customer will then receive an SMS with paybill number ,payment id and the amount
- The customer will then make the Payment via Mpesa Using the Payment details provided.
- After Payment the customer wil receive the Madaraka Express Ticket Details via SMS.
- The customer will then print the boarding Pass at Self-service Machine at the Station or will get the ticket at dedicated Mpesa Ticketing Window
- Economy Class-700 Ksh
- First Class- 3000 Ksh
- Children Under the Age of 3 Travel for Free
- Children 3-11 yrs Pay Half the Ticket Price
- Children Over 11 yrs Pay Full Ticket Price