Safaricom has introduced Mpesa 1 Tap which will be a new way to make payments. Mpesa 1 Tap will currently be the fastest and most secure way of making payments.
Mpesa 1 Tap can be used by anyone regardless of the phone you have (Your Phone shouldn’t necessarily be a smartphone , Even Kabambes can make payments using Mpesa 1 Tap.)
How Mpesa 1 Tap Works.
You will require any of the following in order to use Mpesa 1 Tap.
- Mpesa 1 Tap Card.
- Mpesa 1 Tap Wrist Band
- Mpesa 1 Tap Phone Sticker
Once you have any of those i.e (Card, wrist band or Phone sticker) this is how Mpesa 1 Tap will work.
- Once you Purchase a good or service the merchant will key in the amount you need to pay on his point of sale device.
- To make the payment you will just tap your Mpesa tag (Card, wrist band or Phone sticker) on the merchants payment machine.
- You will then receive a pop-up on your phone asking you to enter your Mpesa pin.
- Enter your Pin to complete the payment or transaction
- Your National ID or Passport.
- Your Registered Safaricom Line.
Mpesa 1 Tap was initially in Nakuru only but Safaricom has expanded it to other towns e.g Eldoret,Mombasa,Nairobi,Kakamega e.t.c