There are 2 types of Driving License in Kenya.
- 1 yr Validity Driving license which will cost you 650 Ksh.
- 3 yr Validity Driving License which will cost you 1450 ksh.
Procedure on how to renew your driving License in Kenya.
- Visit the Ecitizen website. Link to the Website .ecitizen.go.ke
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account you will have to create an account.
- After you’ve signed in Click on NTSA get services now.
- Click on the Make Application Icon.
- Click on Driving license then choose the renewal plan that you want.Either the 1 yr validty license or the 3 yr validity plan.
- Click Apply now then Review the details that will appear.
- If the details are correct Click Submit.
- Make your Payment using Mpesa, Airtel Money,Debit card e.t.c
- If the process is successful you can then Print your Renewed Driving License
NTSA Penalties of Driving without a license or Failing to renew your License.
Driving without a valid driving license endorsement in respect of the class of vehicle will make you pay a penalty of 7,000 ksh.
Failure to renew your Driving License will earn you a fine of 1000 ksh
Driving without a valid driving license endorsement in respect of the class of vehicle