The SGR Train (Madaraka Express) is a new concept to most Kenyans. Most of us aren’t familiar with the ticketing rules and failure to adhere by them can lead to losses or being double charged.
In this article i’ll Highlight some of the Major ticketing rules that you Should Know.
Subscribe to Showmax and get your free trial: Showmax.com
When a Passenger Misses/Delays in Boarding the Train For Personal Reasons.
If you find yourself in such a situation the following Refund Policy will Apply to You
- If you notified the train attendants before the train departs that you would not make it on time,80% of your fare will be refunded and the remaining 20% charged as refund Fee.(Learning lesson is that you should always notify the train attendants if you won’t make it on time or if you intend to miss your booked Train)
- If the train departs and you didn’t communicate to the train attendants there will be No Refund Issued.
- Refunds will not be issued if your Ticket is Damaged or Unrecognizable.
- If a Passenger Loses His/Her Ticket they will be required to buy a new one before boarding the train.
- SGR Train will not accept any Child Travelling Alone.
- Children below 3 yrs will travel Free of Charge.
- Children between 3-11 yrs will Pay half the Ticket Prices
- Children above 11yrs Pay the Full Ticket Price